As I said in my first post in my blog, there are two things I want share with you:
- PDI Android Push Notifications Plugin: This is a plugin that permit to you send push notifications from Pentaho Data Integration to any android application that enable GCM service. This plugin is written in Scala!!! Check out: https://github.com/latinojoel/pdi-android-pushnotifications. Note: this plugin yet is a release candidate.
- PDI Manager Android App: Is a Android App that enable to you receive push notifications from PDI.
About PDI Android Push Notification Plugin
- You need Pentaho Data Integration installed;
- Download the plugin from sourceforce, you can find in this link;
- Stop your Pentaho Data Integration if it's running;
- Uncompress AndroidPushNotification file;
- Copy AndroidPushNotification folder to <pdi-folder-installation>/plugins/steps;
- Start your Data Integration and enjoy :-).
You need to be familiar with GCM (Google Cloud Messaging for Android), you can read more about this service in this link. As I say, this plugin is designed for send push notifications to any android application because all most important parameters are configurable.
|Main Options screen|
For sending push notification to PDI Manager Android App
In this moment, PDI Manager is very young :-), so it's only configured to receive four properties inside the push Status, Project, Date and Data.
Use the follow API Key:
AIzaSyAh7Nf-N7bE4xIwsVb7nk4mmls_yEQwZQASee the image example below:
In the next few days I will provide a better documentation. For now, I think this post help you test this new solution.
PS: Feel free to comment and if you find a bug or you have a idea for this solution, you can create a issue or pull request on GitHub.